Jackson Robert!!

baby

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sharing in the Sacrifices

The title above is not intended to be taken literally unless you consider the growth of facial hair to be a real sacrifice. It appears that more background is required sooner as opposed to later or this post may spiral into oblivion before it gets started. About the time we hit the third trimester I decided that I need to do something to share in the physical sacrifices of a pregnancy. Karyn was feeling the baby all the time and space was at a premium in there. I cannot relate even remotely to the way a mother-to-be feels both physically and emotionally during a pregnancy, let alone as they hit the home stretch. But I wanted to do something to exhibit my support in an external sense.

My idea was to grow a third trimester beard. This is akin to the playoff beards that hockey players grow as they make their run towards the Stanley Cup. Quite honestly the process started out of laziness one weekend in October and I haven't looked back since. Once again I am currently without photos to substantiate my current physical condition and I know that owe nursery room pictures as well. So I will post the evidence this evening when I get home from work. That is assuming we don't get snowed in this evening because they predict 9-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment